The Real Story with the Rocca Sisters: Consult with us before you renovate
Posted by The Rocca Sisters & Associates
The busy boom of the spring real estate market is fast approaching. If you find yourself waiting until April to list your home, you will find that the season is already half over – and so are many potential offers from buyers who may have already found their dream homes.
Getting your home ready to sell now is critical to ensuring you take advantage of the spring market. But getting your home ready is not just about clearing out the clutter; preparing your home for sale may also mean you need to do a few renovations. According to royallepage.ca, even in a hot housing market, homeowners must beware of renovations that can actually make it more difficult to sell their home and add little or nothing to the property value.
Whether you’re looking to sell now or in the future, strategic renovation planning is crucial before you start. As designated Accredited Staging Professionals and the trademarked owners of the powerful STAGED & SOLD brand, we know from experience and first-hand knowledge what renovations will create the greatest demand in your particular neighbourhood and that will yield the biggest return on investment when the time comes to sell.
Here are a few tips from royallepage.ca that you should consider before you renovate:
- After kitchens and bathrooms, let in the light – Homes with good natural lighting are always popular. Sometimes, the simplest solution is a glass front door to allow light into your entryway.
- Be room conscious – The current trend is for more open concept living with fewer, bigger rooms. But, if your neighbourhood is full of older, more traditional homes, a modern open-concept layout might not be as appealing to prospective buyers. When in doubt, consult your agent.
- Be sure to replace the unsightly – Anything broken, chipped, stained or garishly coloured (like that hot pink porcelain toilet and sink combo) should be updated.
- Love it and List it – If you aren’t planning to sell immediately, you can still maximize the value of your renovation and reflect your personal tastes. Stick with neutral finishes and let your personal style shine through accessories you love that can then move with you when you are ready to go.
- It’s my home – The hardest part about renovating your house to sell is the emotional attachment owners have to their homes. A trusted agent can give you an objective and qualified perspective that can help take the emotion out of the challenging decision-making involved in home renovations.
The most critical move you can make to ensure a quick and easy sale is to request a free home evaluation from the Rocca Sisters & Associates. You will have two nationally ranked top-producing agents working for you to sell your home quickly and efficiently. We will advise you on what renovations you should – and shouldn’t – do to ensure you get top dollar for your most valuable asset. To request an evaluation or for more tips on how to prepare your home for sale, don’t hesitate to call the Rocca Sisters & Associates office at 905-335-4102 or email us at email@example.com. Our personal approach and proven results will surpass your expectations.
Cathy & Tanya Rocca write a weekly column in the Burlington Post and Oakville Beaver Real Estate Sections delivered to homes in the Halton region every Friday. If you have a real estate question you’d like answered, just fill in the contact form below:
Posted on January 16, 2015, in Buying a Home, Cathy Rocca, Home Decor, Home Staging, Listings, Rocca Sister & Assoc. Team Updates, Rocca Sisters, Rocca Sisters & Associates, Selling Your Home, Tanya Rocca. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on The Real Story with the Rocca Sisters: Consult with us before you renovate.
Comments are closed.