Statistics show that staging your home or creating a clean, well-presented space that draws positive attention can sell for as much as 10% more than its unstaged counterpart and in some cases, 10 times faster.
Here are 7 things you can do:
- Less is more. Keep décor simple, and definitely dismantle theme rooms.
- Don’t over-personalized your décor. If you know your house is going on the market in the next few years, be mindful of design choices when you remodel.
- Consider every surface in your home, especially walls and floors. Think neutral. Avoid expressions of personal taste, it might be distracting.
- Cleanliness and De-clutter: get started packing and fill boxes with personal items like family photos.
- Clean the front and backyard: Clean up flower gardens, Trim shrubs, and Sweep your sidewalks and porches.
- Fix that cracked window pane. Replace the broken doorknob. Paint the fence.
- Add some human touches such as plants, fresh fruit or a bouquet of flowers.
Need some help? Contact The Rocca Sisters & Associates team.